Through the South Gobi to North Khuvsgul LakeWandering Gobi, Charming green steppes, ancient historical and spectacular scenery of Mongolian experience - Classic.
OVERVIEW“Sacred mountains, forested hills and sizzling hot springs. Thriving creatures of the Gobi and fossils found nowhere else the globe. These are few of the amazements in the Mongolian wild.
This classic touring Route takes you from Blue Pearl “ Khuvsgul lake” in the North to Singing sand Khongoriin Els in the heart of the Southern Mongolia”
Tour lenght: 20 Days
- Day 1. Baga gazariin chuluu. Small Rock Formation
- Day 2. Tsagaan suvarga- Stupa shaped white cliffs
- Day 3. “Vulture Mouth”- Yoliin Am National Park
- Day 4. Bayanzag – Red Flaming cliffs
- Day 5-6. Khongor Sand Dune - a camel riding
- Day 7. Ongi Monastery ruins- Rock Formation
- Day 8. Drive to Orkhon waterfall –Orkhon valley
- Day 9. Kharkhorin village and visit the Erdenezuu Monastery
- Day 10. Tsenkher Hot Spring- Natural hot spa
- Day 11. Terkh White Lake / Terkhiin Tsagaan nuur
- Day 12. Terkh White Lake and the horse trip to Khorgo Volcanic Mt.
- Day 13. Drive to Murun city, - get connected –Where WIFI available
- Day 14. Khatgal Village. Overnight in Ger Camp and prepare for horse trip.
- Day 15. Start horse trip around Khovsgol Lake. To Jankhai village
- Day 16. Continue horse trip and visit reindeer family.
- Day 17. Kayaking short time, and drive back to Khatgal village
- Day 18. Drive to Khutag Ondor and overnight there
- Day 19. Drive to Amarbayasgalant monastery.
- Day 20. Back to UB and have lunch on the way back
Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
Accommodation: You usually stay in extra ger which is prepared by nomads, sometimes at ( selected days) tourist ger camp.
Food: You will have a lunch as original Mongolian food in the finest local restaurants on the way and the breakfast and dinner is cooked by the tour guide. Vegeterias are welcome. Drinks provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per day.
Fees: National Park and museum fees are included in the price of the tour.
Activities: You are able to ride a horse or camel and local guide will be your assistant for how to ride a horse or camel safety.
Vehicle type: Japanese jeep, Russian or Korean minivans, gasoline inclusive.
Total Km of Covered: 2020miles / 3250km ( per day 5-7hrs)
Below are the answers to some of the questions we get asked the most often, please have a look if your questions is already there, if not feel free to email us to [email protected];
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.