Travel through the World Heritage site Central Mongolia
OVERVIEWOrkhon valley tells the history of a people spanning hundreds of year. Imperial capital city Kharkhorin founded by Chingis khan in 1220, Creatures of the wild Khustain Nuruu reintroduced wild horse takhi (Przewalki’s- the last of their kind in the world)
Journey through astonishingly beautiful Lake Terkhiin Tsagaan, dormant volcano Khorgo Mountain. This is Understanding the Beauty and Joy of the Central Mongolian Countryside.
Length of the tour – 8 days
- Day 1. Drive to the Kharkhorin village and visit the Erdene-Zuu Monastery
- Day 2. Chuluut Canyon, Taikhar Rock, Terkh White Lake
- Day 3. Terkh White Lake (horse trip to Khorgo Volcano)
- Day 4. Tsenkher hot spring – Natural hot spa
- Day 5. Orkhon waterfall through Tovkhon monastery.
- Day 6. Mongol Sand Dune - camel riding
- Day 7. Khustai National Park – takhi wild horse, overnight Lun village near Tuul River
- Day 8. Have lunch on the way and drive back to UB
Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
Accommodation: You usually stay in extra ger which is prepared by nomads, sometimes at ( selected days) tourist ger camp.
Food: You will have a lunch as original Mongolian food in the finest local restaurants on the way and the breakfast and dinner is cooked by the tour guide. Vegeterias are welcome. Drinks provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per day.
Fees: National Park and museum fees are included in the price of the tour.
Vehicle type: Japanese jeep, Russian or Korean minivans, gasoline inclusive. Total Km of Covered: 770miles /1240km ( per day 4-6hrs)
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.