The beautiful landscape of East MongoliaExperience different cultures, people, and historical locations.
OVERVIEWChinggis Khaan conquered more of the world than any human being who has ever existed, but his origins – as a refugee and hunter-gatherer living off of berries and mice – can be traced to the junction of the Onon and Balj rivers. Here in Dadal (Дадал) sum (district), near the town of the same name, the man who would be khaan (emperor) was born in an area that was remote even during his lifetime. A patchwork of dark pine forests, clear rivers and howling winds – the latter a playground for enormous ravens – was the geographic heritage inscribed on the memory of the future khaan. (L.P)
Tour lenght: 17 days
- Day 1. Drive to Blue Lake which is named Khukh nuur
- Day 2. Drive to “Baldanbereevin” monastery
- Day 3. “Rashaant khad” rock carving through “Uglugchiin herem” ancient Qidan town
- Day 4. Drive to “Onon balj” national park through “Dadal” town where is believed birthplace of Chinggis khan
- Day 5. Drive to Bayandun, Bayan-uul village
- Day 6. Drive to Choibalsan, the capital city of Dornod province
- Day 7. Drive to “Menen” steppe which is very flat and beautiful spot of Eastern Mongolia. It extends over 200 km along the Chinese border.
- Day 8 Drive to Buir nuur /lake/ which is located on the border of Mongolia and China.
- Day 9. Drive to Battle of “Khalkhiin gol” memorials
- Day 10. Drive to “Ikh burkhant” monastery ruins through Sangiin dalai which is salt water lake.
- Day 11. Erdenetsagaan village
- Day 12. Drive to Taliin agui, which is one of the largest caves in Mongolia. If the ice covering the entrance has melted (it is normally covered until August) you can squeeze through the narrow entrance and the cave has seven chambers to explore. You’ll need a torch to see anything, and be careful on the icy floor.
- Day 13. Drive to Dariganga land includes Ganga Lake and Shiliin bogd which is sacred by many Mongolians that the spirit of any man who climbs it, especially at sunrise, will be revived. The statue of Tooroi bandi, the Robin Hood of Mongolia
- Day 14. Drive to Baruun-Urt, the capital city of Sukhbaatar province
- Day 15. Drive to Undurkhaan, the capital city of Khentii Province
- Day 16. Drive to “Avraga toson” mineral springs
- Day 17. Drive to Terelj National Park, to Ulaanbaatar.
Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
Accommodation: You usually stay in extra ger which is prepared by nomads, sometimes at ( selected days) tourist ger camp.
Food: You will have a lunch as original Mongolian food in the finest local restaurants on the way and the breakfast and dinner is cooked by the tour guide. Vegeterias are welcome. Drinks provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per day.
Fees: National Park and museum fees are included in the price of the tour.
Activities:You are able to ride a horse or camel and local guide will be your assistant for how to ride a horse or camel safety.
Vehicle type: Japanese jeep, Russian or Korean minivans, gasoline inclusive.
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.