WESTERN MONGOLIAN CLASSIC TOUR
OVERVIEWThe Tavan Bogd is a mountain massif in Mongolia, near the triple border with China and Russia. Its highest peak, the Khüiten Peak is the highest point of Mongolia at 4374 meters above sea level.
Are You Ready To Escape?
- Day 1. Start from UB to Mongol sand dune.Day 2. Kharhorin ancient capital city where you will "Erdenezuu monastery".
- Day 3. Terkhi white lake
- Day 4. All day horse trip around Terkhi white lake.
- Day 5. Telmen nuur
- Day 6. Santmargats
- Day 7. Khayrgas nuur
- Day 8. Tsambagarav Uul national park
- Day 9. Olgii hot see museum and overnight there
- Day10. Drive to Khurgan Lake and Hoton Lake and sleep on the way with eagle hunter Kazakh family.
- Day 11. Khurgan Lake and Hoton Lake stay with Kazakh family.
- Day 12. Drive to Ulaan hus
- Day 13. Drive to Altai 5 bogd and overnight behind Altai 5 bogd
- Day 14. Hiking to Altai tavan bogd overnight in Mountain side
- Day 15. Continue hiking Altai 5 bogd and hike back to Car overnight behind 5 bogd
- Day 16.Drive to Tsagaan nuur. - Border permit
- Day 17. Drive to Uureg Lake
- Day 18. Drive to Uvs Lake
- Day 19.Tes or Altan els
- Day 20. Near Tsetserleg
- Day 21. Moron which is the capital of Huvsgul aimag
- Day 22. Khovsgol Lake
- Day 23. Horse trip around Khovsgol Lake
- Day 24. Continue horse trip and Visit reindeer family.
- Day 25. Khatgal
- Day 26. Khutag Ondor village
- Day 27. Amarbayasgalant monastery
- Day 28. Ulaanbaatar
Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
Accommodation: You usually stay in extra ger which is prepared by nomads, sometimes at ( selected days) tourist ger camp.
Food: You will have a lunch as original Mongolian food in the finest local restaurants on the way and the breakfast and dinner is cooked by the tour guide. Vegeterias are welcome. Drinks provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per day.
Fees: National Park and museum fees are included in the price of the tour.
Activities:You are able to ride a horse or camel and local guide will be your assistant for how to ride a horse or camel safety.
Vehicle type: Japanese jeep, Russian or Korean minivans, gasoline inclusive.
Total Km of Covered: 1050miles /1680km ( per day 5-7hrs)
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.