Beauty of the Nature Khuvsgul Lake-Home of the Tsaatan
OVERVIEWSwampy depressions and tangled forests surround it elsewhere, ensuring that Khovsgol remains part of independent Outer Mongolia to this day. Home of the ethnic Tuvan, known in Mongolia as the Tsaatan, or Reindeer People.
Lengh of the tour – 12 days
- Day 1. Amarbaysgalant Monastery
- Day 2. Khutag Undur village
- Day 3. Moron city, get pre-ordered border permit
- Day 4. Tsagaan Nuur – Ulaan Us village prepare the next day horse trek
- Day 5. Horse trekking for reach the reindeer family
- Day 6. Stay with reindeer family
- Day 7. Horse trekking back to basement at Tsagaan Nuur
- Day 8. Jankhai village-Khusvgul lake
- Day 9. Khatgal village – Khuvsgul Lake
- Day 10. Murun city
- Day 11. Bulgan village
- Day 12. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar
Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.