A JOURNEY INTO THE TAIGAan incredible experience in itself.
OVERVIEWLake Khuvsgul which is the deepest fresh water lake in Central Asia. It has the same geomorphologic & ecological origin as Lake Baikal in Russia and constitutes over 1% of the world’s total surface water. Tourists call it the ‘Switzerland of Mongolia’. You will see this beautiful nature spirit and visit nomads’ family and interact with those nomads.
Tour lenght: 14 days
- Day 1. Amarbayasgalant Monastery.
- Day 2. Drive to Khutag-Undur village
- Day 3. Drive to Khatgal. Stay ger camp near Khuvsgul Lake
- Day 4. Start horse trip around Khuvsgul Lake
- Day 5. Continue horse trip and back to Ger camp overnight there.
- Day 6. Kayaking short time, to Khusliin khad (Whispering rock)
- Day 7. Drive to Murun city or Shine Ider village
- Day 8. Drive to Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur
- Day 9. Start horse trip to Khorgo volcano around White lake.
- Day 10. Tsenkher Hot spring
- Day 11. Orkhon waterfall through Tovkhon monastery.
- Day 12. Drive to Kharkhorin, where you will see Erdene-Zuu monastery. Visit Kharkhorin museum
- Day 13. At a nomad family through Mongol Sand Dune- camel ride
- Day 14. Back to Ulaanbaatar and have lunch on the way back.
Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
Accommodation: You usually stay in extra ger which is prepared by nomads, sometimes at ( selected days) tourist ger camp.
Food: You will have a lunch as original Mongolian food in the finest local restaurants on the way and the breakfast and dinner is cooked by the tour guide. Vegeterias are welcome. Drinks provide 1.5 liter of mineral water per day.
Fees: National Park and museum fees are included in the price of the tour.
Activities:You are able to ride a horse or camel and local guide will be your assistant for how to ride a horse or camel safety.
Vehicle type: Japanese jeep, Russian or Korean minivans, gasoline inclusive.
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.